Sunday, April 21, 2013

Thing 18

I explored the social media sites and like facebook best. Honestly I like facebook because I am very familiar with it. I have found several useful things as a teacher that I can use facebook for. For example, their is a link for students to receive destination updates and pictures. I gave extra credit for my students to use facebook and create a picture collage of different popular locations with backgrounds and things one would want to see. Their background had to address the location of the places (continent, country), the climate of that area, the culture of the people that lived there. My students loved it! I like that I was already familiar with facebook and adding friends, adding groups, and things of that nature I am not sure I will ever get used to twitter. As I teacher I also find I can see what is going with my students on a personal level because most kids do not censor what they say on facebook. For instance, without even friending my students most of them have open profiles and I know one was sick this week and another student went to party and is grounded and yet another student's father deployed. It helps me monitor my students and the changes they go through in a school year without telling them that I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment