Sunday, April 21, 2013

Thing 15

I found that this is now one of my favorite blog projects. Using a wiki was great. I think I will use wikis in my class next year to allow students to get extra credit points for collaborating on their own time about things they like doing and things they don't like doing. I also want to use the wiki for students to create virtual assignments and tours of different locations in Geography and World History. This is a fun and engaging way for students to collaborate. I like that they can collaborate from home, school or even while out on vacations! I was a little confused when I first went to the APSU sandbox but then realized I was locked out while another student was editing their project. Once I was able to complete the edit though it was easy and fun. I like that I can make graphic organizers using the mindmap web 2.0 software and then allow my students to own it by editing the graphic organizers to fit each group and show what they were able to come up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment